Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ash-Abhi Shaadi


I would not make a good paparazzi but I tried, I even did drive bys! I live near Juhu, a northern suburb of Mumbai and home of several movie stars. So, after lunch I noticed all the preparation for the biggest wedding in India this year, yes, even bigger than Elizabeth Hurley's.
The wedding of the son of the big "B", Abhishek Bachchan and former Miss World from India, Aishwarya Rai. These photos are of the two homes, one is the big 'B', Amitabh's house/bungalow, the future groom's fatehr and the other is big 'B''s parent's house/bungalow or is it his wife's Jaya's? Not sure on that one. Then another photo is of the true paparazzi or media and their designated holding area across the street from the gate of the home.

It is all the hype in the papers and there has been talk about the possibility of other stars getting married as well possibly to try and steal some of the limelight(Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif? And Salman is Aishwarya's former beau, maybe I could make it as a gossip columnist?!) but I don't think that is possible. It is a small and selective guest list (I wonder what that means when weddings here have 300 to 500 guests easily) and I am not on it. At least not yet.

I think the talk and concern of the public concerning this couple's marriage is greater than any stars' marriage in hollywood. Some of the talk includes the presence of Mars in her birth chart, so she had to marry a tree in order to insure that she did not cause her future husband's death. Then there have been numerologists deciding how she should spell her new married name. Then the charting of if they will be happily married. There is really so much more to analyze and comment on in these Hindi Film Industry [read: bollywood] weddings.

So, still two more days left before the main wedding. Today was the Sangeet? sorry, someone please tell me the order of events in the traditional Indian wedding. I know there are about 3 days involved. Maybe I can get a shot of the couple, but these are my first attempts at paparazzi-dom.

6 Comments:

Blogger Viewer said...

I closely follwo ur daile photo blog ... and i was curious if u wud be keen on this http://mumbai.metblogs.com/archives/2007/04/mumbai_photo_marathon_on_22_ap.phtml

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mohit Kumar said...

nice work man keep it up...
its really worth spending a moment here ..

well as you doing good ... are you interested in making money from the traffic you getting on your blogs... then visit Tips to make money From blog

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

LOL - yes, you're correct - I think a bit more papparazzi training is required! very funny.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I wonder if you know that one of the victims of the Virginia Tech massace is from Mumbai? Apparently she lived in the neighborhood of Borivali. Minal Panchal was 26 and wanted to become an architect like her father; her mother lives alone. What a senseless tragedy!!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you guys have a great blog in here. I was wondering if you would be interested in joining us this Sunday for the Mumbai Photo Marathon.

We are currently working out the day's plan and will be posting it on the blog in another few hours, but would be great if you can be a part of this.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Yes, I have been reading about Minal in the papers. The Rizvi college where she was studying is talking about making a children's museum based on her thesis. They are wanting to make it in Boravli, a suburb further north than I am.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home