Friday, April 13, 2007

Mumbai Fire Brigade

 

Unlike other major cities in the world, you rarely hear sirens blaring here in Mumbai. So when I saw my first ever fire truck heading to action, I had to take a snap! House fires here aren't too common, probably mostly because most homes are made out of cement with very little wood or flamable materials. I am not sure what the protocol here is with fire trucks, if they go out to any emergency or only for fires. They didn't seem to be in too much of a rush though, which is good because traffic didn't clear too quickly!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger kuanyin333 said...

I recently did a photo group of fire trucks on Maui. :-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What amazes me is that the uniforms these guys wear are still those designed by the British all those years ago! Hence the antiquated (quite beautiful) hats and jackets with big brass buttons! I can only imagine how hot it is to wear the thick felt uniform in this heat.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Crankyputz said...

lol so true, I can't remember seeing one fire track in Mumbai ever.....

7:35 PM  
Blogger SCS said...

Absolutamente genial.

É qualquer coisa que se encontra na Fotografia em oposição a muitas outras Artes: a expressão.

Sublime sentido de oportunidade.

Fascinada.
Vira Vento.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jing said...

:)
its often to see the fire trucks here. people seem too careless about fire.

anyway, this capture is nice.

nice Sunday

jing
shanghai daily photo

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home