Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Janmashtami

 

Janmashtami (or as I call it Gokulastami) is one of my favorite holidays in the year. All throughout the city youth make human pyramids such as this to break the dahi bowl at the top. I caught this one in my neighborhood on the way home. It only took two tries - the first try involved a very young child at the top with a floaty vest and bike helmet on! He didn't succeed so they changed to this youth. He's just broken the bowl and is getting splashed with dahi (yogurt).
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool pic I miss when I was in Mumbai now I am in Los Angeles good pic

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent pic. Thanks for sharing it. I'm from Bombay but in SanFrancisco now for past 10 years.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home