Wednesday, August 29, 2007

no smoking in mumbai?

 

Is Mumbai going the way of the rest of world? I have been seeing these stickers in more and more auto rickshaws lately. I find it pretty amusing considering they are open and you are innundated with so much pollution that I'm not sure that a little cigarette smoke is going to make much difference. Theoretically many places in Mumbai are non smoking, however the fines are so ridiculously low (about 3 USD) that it doesn't seem to stop most people.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can see the photographer in the pic..

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are 2 messages... The one in English is clear to most visitors. The one in Marathi (Local language of Mumbai) is telling... "Do not adulterate, avoid AIDS"

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home