Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sidewalk Life



My apologies for not posting a happy-go-lucky tourist shot of the city, but a few days back I was walking home from work, along SV Road in Bandra, and I saw these two guys, both map-sellers, free-basing in the middle of the sidewalk. The map sellers try to sell me roll-up maps of India and Mumbai every time they see me come out of my office, despite the fact that I reject them every time and they must recognize me by now. I don't know what drug these guys were using, but one was cooking it up with a lighter on a little metal strip, and the other guy was inhaling the vapors through a straw. In broad daylight. In the middle of the sidewalk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crankyputz said...

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

8:39 PM  
Blogger Amit Wadkar said...

i guess it is called brown sugar...some cheap form of heroin I hav heard...have also seen kids do it in rock concerts around Mumbai....but more common among homeless people....sad isnt it?

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home