Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Eid Mubarak

 
New Year's day was also a day of celebration for Muslims. Here in Mumbai you will often see sights like this the few days before this holiday as people are purchasing goats and transporting them to their homes for sacrifice. I admitedly don't know much about this holiday, but I believe it comes from Abraham offering up his son for sacrifice only to have his son replaced by a goat. Whatever the reason, I just feel sad for these little goats who are excited to be decorated and taken through town and are not aware of whats coming! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great shot! The goat sitting so tranquilly next to the human. :)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I thought it was a great photo until I read where they are going... Pity...

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home