Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snoozin' at Sassoon



On a Saturday afternoon, members of the David Sassoon Library and Reading Room, which overlooks the Kala Ghoda, just north of Colaba, come and read newspapers and magazines and even get a few Z's (see foreground) on the breezy balcony. I'm thinking of joining myself. Them's some comfy reclining chairs.

This building, which was finished in 1870, has always reminded me of Rennie McIntosh's super-modernist School of Art building in Glasgow, if any of you have seen that. It's got the same industrial sort of feel to it, with lots of edges and dark woods and iron railings. Makes sense, I guess, because I just did some research and found that the Sassoon library was built buy guys called "McClelland" and "Campbell". Those Scots....

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

What a relaxing scene!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home