Tuesday, June 06, 2006

american crap


I have run across funny signs like this while traveling in countries where english is not the main language. Although, in India it is not too difficult to find someone around who speaks english. They still use 'interesting' spelling and grammar at times. After taking the picture I still did not know what this meant, but someone explained..."you know, the fabric...". Crepe! maybe you got it? I am a little slower.

Another sign I have seen was "Speak Best English" - and the phone number to contact someone to take english classes. That wall was torn down last time I passed by.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

While I am aware that it is pretty insensitive to laugh at some one else's language skills (my french is anything but hysterical!), this sign made me laugh out loud at work. American Crap!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Marie McC said...

That is SO funny!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

lol! good find!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

sarah, you are so right about laughing at other peoples language skills. Forget if I try to speak french, my english (one and only language) grammar and spelling is horrible sometimes. Just look at some of my posts! The laugh to me was 'american crap' someone so honest they are selling you crap! and it is american ha!

11:04 PM  
Blogger slaint said...

crepe is a fabric... thats what my sari is made out of! but that would be a first for me to see it spelled as crap. great find!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you provide a fresh view to how different people see things as.you do have a good insight about things that millions must be taking for granted. is that a blue sari you are wearing in your photo?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

That is funny!

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessiehere.it is so easy tolaugh at others.i wonderhow many times we the priveleged and educatedtoo make such errors...grammatical as well as spellings.never mind.nice one though..AMERICAN CRAP,

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home